That's in the Bible? (Downloadable)
Item #: 203484WEB / 2009 / PDF / 96 Pages
Availability: In Stock
Who is this product for? God’s Word doesn’t need to be “cool,” but guess what? It is! Capture the attention of the sometimes hard-to-reach middle school and junior high students with bizarre, unusual, and just plain gross accounts of the Bible.
What does this provide for you?
• A fresh set of Bible stories that your students may not know about, where a donkey speaks, a dude gets killed while hanging by his hair in a tree, and a woman drives a tent peg through a guy’s head.
• A unique approach to engage tweens in the adventures of God’s Word, and they’ll discover how the Bible relates to their lives.
• A valuable resource to help students understand the Bible, even the weird parts of it, as God’s Word.
What is it?
How do you help students see that all of God’s Word is awesome? Introduce them to That’s in the Bible?: Bizarre Biblical Accounts. It features the most unusual and just plain gross stories. Plus, it’s written in such a user-friendly manner that new students of the Bible will have no trouble following along.
While each lesson teaches the unusual Bible story, the focus on Christ and the Gospel message remain clear. And the study explores 16 Bible stories—yes, there are that many offbeat stories in the Bible. That’s in the Bible: Bizarre Biblical Accounts is downloadable so you can print as many of the reproducible student pages as you need.
The study also includes materials to invite students to the study—postcard templates and bulletin/newsletter inserts.
Explore these Bible stories when you ask That’s in the Bible?
1. Jacob: Smackdown in Peniel
2. Pharoah: Hardening of the Arteries
3. Moses: Getting Something Better
4. Balaam: Straight from the Donkey's Mouth
5. Ehud: Special Delivery
6. Deborah and Jael: Getting to the Point
7. Samson: When It's All Bad, God is Good
8. David: Not Caving In
1 Samuel 24:1-22
9. Absalom: More Than a Bad Hair Day
2 Samuel 18:1-17
10. Elisha: Tough Love for Tough Hearts
2 Kings 2:23-25
11. Jezebel: What Goes Up Must Come Down
2 Kings 9:1-37
12. Hezekiah: So Sorry Assyria
2 Kings 19:14-24
13. Ezekiel: Dry to the Bone
14. John: Trusting to the Point of Death
15. The Canaanite Woman: Humble faith
16. Eutychus: Bored to Life
Downloadable Bible studies are quick and budget friendly. There are no shipping charges and no more waiting for them to be delivered. Each study is available immediately after purchase. The studies are also reproducible which allows you to make as many copies as you need for your Bible study group. To view your library of purchased downloads, simply log in and select “my downloads”.
- Item Number:
- In Stock